A Siegel's groups.
|Bending the Buzz
This is the place to report your efforts in shaping the dialogue of some community in a progrssive direction. It is also a place for sharing insights as to how we could do it better. Letters to the Editor, posts on neutral blogs -- not dKos, but blogs run by newspapers, radio and TV stations or networks, etc. Even Facebook posts and conversations in beauty parlors or bars belong here. If you have a LTE published that would link your nym to your real name and you want to avoid that, you can send...
A group devoted to problem solving regarding political and social issues. Moderation will be geared to staying on the post topic. Action issues will be our primary purpose.
|Climate Action Hub
Building upon the momentum generated by the People's Climate March, The Climate Action Hub @ DailyKos is a new space to accommodate the groundswell of activism inspired by civil society around the September 21 UN Climate Summit. The Hub will provide space to amplify messaging from NGOs, eco writers, scientists and bloggers here at DK and elsewhere and promote upcoming actions in the lead up to the UNFCCC 2015 Climate Talks in Paris.
|Climate Change SOS
Blogathon: September 9-13, 2013
Climate matters. We vote.
DK GR is a forum for advocacy, education and discussion of all environmental issues, including climate change, eco justice and environmental racism, conservation of natural resources and wildlife, energy, environmental degradation, human health, pollution, water resources, resource depletion and biodiversity.
|East Africa Food Crisis: 48 Hours of Action
Home base for bloggers participating in the August 6-7 Famine Crisis blogathon. Templates and place to add diaries to queue.
Global expats membership is open to everyone. This site is ran by people with international interest that include immigration to the United States and the rest of the world. This site is ran primarily by current and former expats, (or those who are interested in international issues) for the benefit of the Kos community and as a service to our members. The international expat community residing abroad has a responsibility to tell the folks back home what their experience is living overseas unde...
Dedicated to accelerating the transitions to clean renewable and sustainable energy generation, and conservation. Encouraging and publishing solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, energy, as well as conservation, and technologically based efficiency improvement. And, supporting the efforts of the MIT CoLab project
|Meatless Advocates Meetup
A group for those reducing their consumption of meat for environmental, health, animal rights etc. And who also love good food, sharing recipes and good times!
|MIT Climate CoLab Proposal
Working group developing proposals for the MIT Climate CoLab - crowd-sourcing climate solutions. Please add your draft proposals directly to http://climatecolab.org/web/guest/plans/-/plans/
144 hours of collaboration among numerous nonprofit groups, social media experts, environmental activists and writers to promote involvement in 350.org's 9/24 Moving Planet events. Providing commentary, scientific facts and analysis, educational materials, talking points, videos, as well as feedback from across the globe on events as they happen (and afterwards). Social Media Amplification.
A forum for pointing out and responding to the non-science and anti-science material that appears daily in the media. From simple mistakes and ancient astronaut foolishness, to deliberate obfuscation and assault on scientists, science is under attack and Science Matters is fighting back.
Established to provide more regular Sunday Train service to Agent Orange station by encouraging multiple authors to get involved. Everyone in the "follows" list is considered a member of the group. If you wish to submit articles for inclusion in the group, send a message asking to "join" the editorial board.
|The Durban Daily
Coverage of the Climate Negotiations in Durban, SA by a team of DK eco writers and other members of the Eco Community leading up to, during and post COP17.
|The Royal Manticoran Rangers
A group dedicated to the prevention of stagnancy of the recommended list thru a strategic increase in promotions to diaries that otherwise may have fallen short of the rec list and or the Rescue Rangers reach. Group members will create and share their own list of diaries they have recommended, and build consensus towards promoting quality diaries in the community environment. This group is in a pilot project stage. The Royal Manticoran Rangers, we help the poor and the helpless and dont ask for...
This group is for Daily Kos members who live in or are interested in Virginia.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by A Siegel
- In this visually beautiful and mesmerizing piece, 27 year-old Prince Ea apologies to future generations for what we are doing, and not doing, to the planet today. The six-minute video contains so ...112 comments 324 Recs
- Dominion Resources and its regulated subsidiary, Dominion Virginia Power, are gambling big on natural gas. But while the utility giant will be a winner if gas prices stay low over the next 20 years, ...4 comments 13 Recs
- As described by Lenore Taylor at the Guardian, Australia is giving Bjorn Lomborg $4 million to set up an Australian version of his Consensus Center, even as the country struggles to make ends meet ...10 comments 12 Recs
- Methane is a gas often associated with swamps in the southeast or West Texas oil deposits. But last year scientists found the largest concentration in the US hanging quietly above in an unexpected ...67 comments 70 Recs
- My very own picture of former POTUS Bill Clinton I have always enjoyed working for an energy efficiency utility, but this perk really took it to a new level. On October 1, President Bill Clinton ...27 comments 30 Recs
- Today, I had the honor of standing with Michael Bloomberg and dozens of Sierra Club volunteers, staff, and supporters in Washington, DC, to announce a new round of investment by Bloomberg ...26 comments 15 Recs
- The business case for ever building two coal export mega-terminals in the Pacific Northwest is falling apart. From the Guardian: China's coal imports fall nearly half in 12 months as anti-...47 comments 98 Recs
- Nature Geoscience just published a sobering look at likely deglaciation in Western Canada during the 21st century with continued carbon emissions. The research team led by Garry Clarke of the ...19 comments 31 Recs
- White House chart on proposed emissions. When the deadline was reached Tuesday, just six governments had submitted plans for reducing ...64 comments 75 Recs
- As we were walking along the shore, we saw a seal coming ashore. It was one of those moments you hope for on a seaside day. There are still wonderful animals like this in the natural world, and ...35 comments 45 Recs
A Siegel's Tags
- No current results.
A Siegel's Blogroll
- Get Energy Smart ... NOW!!!!
- Lou Grinzo ... Cost of Energy
- ACT BLUE for an Energy Smart future
- World Changing: When despairing, finding ways towar a better w
- The Oil Drum -- excellent moderated analysis of energy issues
- EuroTribune (Jerome a Paris -- DKos spinoff)
- Grist -- Environmental News you can digest
- Celsias -- excellent environmental discussions
- Green Car Congress -- great source re transport tech developmen
- Coal is Dirty!!!!
- Rocky Mountain Institute: RMI; Amory Lovins + others
- The Climate Project: Briefing AIT to the world
- Climate. org
- Real Climate -- by climatologists for all of us
- European Climate Forum
- EcoGeek -- For news and insight on cool new technology around t
- Climate Crisis Coalition
- World Resources Institute
- Alliance for Climate Protection
- Alternative Energy Blog